Training Course: RF IC Design
This training course deals with the design of analog integrated circuit transceivers.
table of contents
- course objective
- target group
- starting level
- target level
- final assignment
- course contents
This course is organized and executed in cooperation with Catena Microelectronics, Delft.
Learning structured design of transceivers in BiCMOS technology.
IC designers who want to specialize in structured design of integrated transceivers.
Participants should have the knowledge implied by the courses:
- Introduction to Electronics
- Analysis Techniques
- Embedded Analog Electronics 1
- Embedded Analog Electronics 2
- Analog IC Design
At the end of this course the participants will have knowledge of the architecture of transceivers and will be capable to design the analog part of a modern receiver or transmitter in BiCMOS technology. This concerns both the decomposition of such a system in basic functions and the design of these basic functions:
- Low-noise, and RF power amplifiers
- Low-noise oscillators
- Mixers and switches
- Analog amplitude and frequency detectors
This course lasts nine days; if desired, split in five plus four:
- Five days theory and design-oriented exercises
- Three days guidance when working on the final assignment
- One day for the final presentation by the participants
- Introduction architecture RF transceivers
- Design of low-noise amplifiers and power amplifiers
- Design of limiters and signal strength detectors
- Design of low-noise oscillators
- Design of switches, mixers, and analog frequency and amplitude demodulators